So, I went to the 2011 Paris Comic Con/Japan Expo. It’s essentially the same as San Diego Comic Con, only 90% of the attendees speak French, there is a strange obsession with One Piece, and everyone is hopped up on Coke Zero.
Also like SDCC, it’s pretty much impossible to find and actual comic books. Tons and tons of manga in the Japan Expo side, but nearly all the floor space of the “comic” area was dominated by video games. The only place I found real, actual, comic books was in Artists Alley, which was more like “Artists Island”, a tiny flotilla made up of folding tables floating off to one side of the floor.
In any case, I’ll let the photos tell the tale. You can view them all here, or directly on my Flickr page via this link.
- Camera: Canon EOS 60D
- Lens: Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM
- Lens: Canon EF 35mm f/2
- Lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Lens: Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
- Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Lens: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM
- Flash: Canon Speedlite 320EX
- Flash: Canon Speedlite 580EX II
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157627094950394″]